Christmas Season Office of Readings



For the next several days, I will be posting the sermons from the Office of Readings in the Liturgy of the Hours. If you have never looked at the Liturgy of the Hours, this is a great time to do so. The hymns, antiphons, psalms and readings from the Christmas Season are among the best. Now that I have started praying the Divine Office, I can never go back. The Hours are meant for everyone to pray. The liturgical seasons cannot be participated in properly without it. This is my favorite Christmas to date thanks to the Liturgy of the Hours. All the great Advent prayers lead in perfectly to the Nativity of Our Lord and stir up within you a longing for Jesus Christ's coming that is fulfilled in the the Christmas Vigil. All the Sermons for the Second Reading are excellent, so I will just be posting them in their entirety and adding little to nothing myself. I am a day behind because yesterday was just too much fun to take the time to start then. So with that, Merry Christmas!

Oh and for all you Protestants out there, just as you can't take "Christ" out of "Christmas," you can't take "Mass" out either. This is just a jab, plain and simple.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Khufu's Pyramid

St. Thomas Aquinas & Grace Perfecting Nature

Battle of Vienna: Laying Siege